Thursday 7 January 2016

Latest Shack Improvement.

I have been thinking for a while now to redesign my shack. I have 13 radios, 
1 receiver an ATU and FTL-Meter sitting in front of me.
So a friend of mine (SWL-Jarek) said he would like to make what I wanted.
I wanted 2 shelves but the bottom one needed to be raised so that I can fit in my power supply.
Below is what he made for me, I can tell you it is heavy, made of good quality counter top wood.
He put a back on it so that I cannot see the cables hanging down the back of the unit.

Shelving unit made by Jarek.
 
New shack layout.
It Took me several hours, much longer than I anticipated to disconnect everything and reconnect power leads and antennas, I thought I would have it done in two or three hours, but I was surprised that it so long, but then thinking about it later I built up the shack over a few years adding to it as I went along, so dismantling it and rebuilding it was never going to be easy.
Now all I have to do is spend more time in the shack and enjoy the new layout.

So here is what I have…

Top row, left to right:
1. FTL-Meter for Yaesu FT-857D.
2. Yaesu FT-857D HF/VHF/UHF Radio with LDG Z-100Plus ATU.
3. Yaesu FT-2900R 75w 2m radio.
4. Woucun KG-UV950P 10m/6m/2m and 70cms.
5. Anytone AT-588 4m radio.
6. Kenwood TK-7180 2m radio.

Middle row, left to right:
1. Signal R-532 Aircraft receiver.
2. Icom IC-F110S Programmed for 8 channels on 2m.
3. Yaesu VX-2000V Programmed for 4 channels on 2m.
4. Tait TM8110 Programmed for 4m.
5. Simoco PRM-8020 Programmed up for 4m.
6. Simoco PRM-8020 Programmed up for 70cms.

Bottom row, left to right:
1. Cleartone CM-7200 Programmed up for 4m Am/FM.
2. Simoco PRM-8041 Programmed up for 4m.
3. Simoco SRM-9030 Programmed up for 70cms.

No comments:

Post a Comment